[sylpheed:35056] Re: Information regarding the receipt of reading

Christoph Kobe christoph at kobenetz.de
Sun Jan 8 19:35:56 JST 2012

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 08:49:13 +0100
cristian <cristiancozzolino at libero.it> wrote:

> Hello,
> it is only recently that I'm using Sylpheed 3.2.0beta3,  because it is the Lubuntu 11.10 default email client. I'm pretty good with this program but a few days ago I needed to be notified of reading by the recipient.
> Usually others e-mail client have implemented this feature sometimes important. What is the situation for sylpheed about it?
>
> Thank you for your support, I look forward to a reply.
>
> Thanks,
> Cristian.

Hi Christian,

as far as I know this feature is not (yet) implemented.

I recommend you to ask the reciepient in your email explicitly to write
you an answer that he read your email. This might take the receipient a
few seconds more of his/her time, but this way you *really* know your
email has been read (which to me seems to be the better choice if it's
an important email, instead of just clicking 'yes' in a popup window).

Greetings,
Christoph