[sylpheed:35442] signing mail

Mon Aug 6 05:11:25 JST 2012

Hello list,

In fact this is OT as it's not a Sylpheed issue, but I hope some other
people here might have encountered the same problem.

When I use a self signed keypair generated with "gpg --gen-key",
everything is ok. The key is recognized as "good". Sylpheed works like
expected.

But I have an external generated key-pair, signed by Comodo. These keys
do not have the GnuPG format. So I converted them to a p12, as some
people suggest on the net, but I'm not able to import the p12 into
GnuPG:

$ gpg --import gpg1-key.p12
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

I can import these keys using "gpgsm", but apparently these keys are
placed in a different key-ring, and AFAIK Sylpheed does not use this
keystore.

Anyone a hint on this matter?

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.