[sylpheed:34843] Smart filtering on reply for manually moved mail

Marc Finet m.dreadlock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 08:34:36 JST 2011

Hello there,

I'm currently using more than >50 rules to filter my mails, and i
must admit that with setting 'any header' as a filter is doing the
good job for me to track most of my discussions.

However imagine the following sequence:

- i receive a mail non filtered by my automatic filters, let's say
  for a new job proposal :D
- i move the email to, let's say folder 'job-opportunities' (i do
  not have a list to automatically filter this kind of mail for all
  the pretenders :D)
- i answer to the email.

What would be nice, it that this sent mail is placed into the
directory where the 'original' mail is from, i.e. automatically moving
this mail to the 'job-opportunities' folder (without requiring me to
add an new rule for this 'small-startup-i'll-send-one-mail-or-two')

Now my questions are:
- does it make sense? or am i the only one thinking of this feature
- is there currently a work-around?
- what would be the 'best' approach? i.e.:
   - a new filtering rule, that could match the 'reply-to' mail,
     and have a dynamic 'move-to' with "current" folder
   - a global setting saying that automagically, reply to mails from
     a folder should go to this folder (whatever the filtering
     process is)
   - or intermediately, a filtering (hardcoded) rule saying 'all mail
     replying to mail already in a folder might go to that folder',
     being a filtering rule allow user move this rule in the rules
     hierarchy.

Thanks for answer/comments/...

Marc.