[sylpheed:34871] Re: Fw: how to change color and font of sylpheed (even after reading FAQ)

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 13:35:14 JST 2011

--- On Mon, 10/31/11, Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> From: Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>
> Subject: [sylpheed:34870] Re: Fw: how to change color and font of sylpheed (even after reading FAQ)
> To: sylpheed at sraoss.jp
> Date: Monday, October 31, 2011, 9:32 PM
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 07:59:34 -0700 (PDT)
> Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > >  From: Antonio Ospite <ospite at studenti.unina.it>
> change
> > > color and font of sylpheed (even after reading
> FAQ)

> it is not
> syplheed only
> > > (and

> > > application-local
> think
> > > I've
>> >  I wonder if this is true, since claws-mail
> allows this (and
> >  has allowed this) for as long as it has existed
> (even
> >  previously in its sylpheed-claws incarnation).
> As my
> >  original post indicated, in claws-mail,
> .gtkrc-2.0 has to be
> >  put in the .claws-mail directory.
>> >  Actually, come to think of it, this was allowed
> even in
> >  GTK-1. The way it is done there, is to specify
> >  .gtkrc-application-name in the $HOME directory.
> So, I guess
> >  this either appears to be a shortcoming in
> sylpheed then, or
> >  we have not stumbled upon the answer?
>
> Sylpheed also reads ~/.sylpheed-2.0/gtkrc .
> (since sylpheed 0.x)

Indeed, it does! Thank you very much for informing me this. I was mimicking .claws-mail and using gtkrc-2.0, but your e-mail has not clarified what I was doing wrong!

Perhaps this might be a good thing to clarify in the README/FAQ?

Many thanks again for your help!!

PS: Unrelated, is there a way to only have unread messages displayed in a given folder. (Some sort of toggle with display all/unread, something like that).

Best wishes again!