[sylpheed:34593] Re: setting up imap for fastmail

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at lavabit.com
Wed May 25 04:44:18 JST 2011

On Tue, 24 May 2011 15:30:06 -0400
Frank <beacon at videotron.ca> wrote:

> I have spent the last few hours trying to setup a fastmail account
> (imap) on Sylpheed. I already have two imap accounts, one with
> gmail and another with my own domain, but have been completely
> unsuccessful with this one. I have tried I think every possible
> combination of their suggestions without luck.
> Has anybody any suggestions ??

I use Fastmail all the time! :)

Configuration/Edit Accounts or Create Account

At the "Basic" tab:
Protocol = IMAP4
Server for receiving = mail.messagingengine.com
SMTP server = I have a free account so I have to use another
provider's SMTP server

At the SSL tab:

Use SSL for IMAP4 connection
Send SMTP = Don't use SSL