[sylpheed:34582] Re: change send shortcut?

Ingo Strauch brack at the-one-brack.org
Wed May 18 18:49:54 JST 2011

Hi Uli!

On Wed, 18 May 2011 10:11:45 +0200
uhel at gmx.net wrote:

> since the last update to 3.1.1 on WinXP I noticed that the keyboard
> shortcut for sending has changed from crtl+enter to crtl+shift+e
> afaik without notice.
> Why and is it somehow possible to change that back?

The solution is in message [sylpheed:34565]. The files mentioned there
surely exist on Windows as well, but I'm not sure in which location.
You should be able to find them.

It's possible to change the accelerator keys in a config file. On linux:

$ grep Send ~/.sylpheed-2.0/menurc
; (gtk_accel_path "<MailFolder>/Send queued messages" "")
; (gtk_accel_path "<Compose>/File/Send later" "<Shift><Control>s")
(gtk_accel_path "<Compose>/File/Send" "<Control>Return")
; (gtk_accel_path "<IMAPFolder>/Send queued messages" "")
; (gtk_accel_path "<Main>/Message/Send queued messages" "")

Edit the file while sylpheed is not running. Or if you have enabled
that you can change accel keys on the fly, just mark the menu entry in
sylpheed with the mouse and then press the key combination you want to
assign. That needs to be enabled first:

$ grep accel ~/.gtkrc-2.0
gtk-can-change-accels = 1

Cheers,
Ingo

--
"What're quantum mechanics?"
"I don't know. People who repair quantums I suppose."