[sylpheed:34569] Re: Downloading Newsgroup messages

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Sun May 15 18:14:50 JST 2011

> I'm  just  curious:  Is  it  the same behaviour/problem as
> described for emails in [sylpheed:34348]?

In [sylpheed:34348] you reported:

    I have an IMAP account and several filtering  rules,
    which  apply to mails belonging to this account. The
    thing that annoys me is that sylpheed  only  applies
    the  filters  to new messages, when I explicitly use
    the "receive messages" function.

    However, if I just open the  IMAP  folder,  the  new
    messages  are  not  filtered,  but  stay in the root
    folder.  I  have  to  apply   the   filtering   rule
    "manually"  to  this folder, to get the new messages
    filtered.

In the case of an NNTP account  it  is  even  worse  because
using  "Incorporate  new mail" manually doesn't trigger fil-
ters either. Are you using the "Filter new messages in INBOX
on receiving" setting?

Anton