[sylpheed:34552] Re: [Bulk] Re: Sylpheed 3.1.1 not using configuration files in ~/.sylpheed-2.0

Kevin Horton khorton01 at rogers.com
Mon May 9 02:56:00 JST 2011

On 2011-05-08, at 11:22 , Frank Elsner wrote:

> On Sun, 8 May 2011 07:28:53 -0400 Kevin Horton wrote:
>> Sylpheed 3.1.1 is not using the configuration files in ~/.sylpheed-2.0.  When I started it for the first time, it asked for the account information, as if sylpheed had never run on this machine before.
>
> Sorry, can't agree. At least not for my Fedora 14 systems.

I suspect this is an OS X only issue.  I finally found the configuration files that sylpheed 3.1.1 is using on my machine, and they are in a very specific OS X place:

~/Library/Application Support/Sylpheed

Previous versions of sylpheed used ~/.sylpheed-2.0.

Was this an intended change with sylpheed 3.1.1?  If so, is there a way to force it to use the previous configuration files?  I could use a symlink to do that, but seems a bit of a kludge.

--
Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada