[sylpheed:34507] building with gcc 4.5

Ricardo Mones mones at debian.org
Sat Mar 19 03:30:33 JST 2011

  Hi all,

  I know there will not be probably any release soon, given current
  situation in Japan, which I strongly hope to improve ASAP, but just for the
  record:

  Seems newer gcc 4.5 is less tolerant with forgotten libraries and fails to
  build current sources:

/usr/bin/ld: compose.o: undefined reference to symbol 'enchant_broker_list_dicts'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'enchant_broker_list_dicts' is defined in DSO //usr/lib64/libenchant.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
//usr/lib64/libenchant.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [sylpheed] Error 1

  This didn't happen with gcc 4.4 series. I've been successful at building a
  distribution source tarball generated from subversion sources after
  applying the attached patch, which explicitly adds the enchant lib.

  Not sure whether this is the best fix, so feel free to improve it.

  best regards,
--
 Ricardo Mones
 http://people.debian.org/~mones