[sylpheed:34618] Re: can I change the composing/reply text header on per account basis ?

Laurence Darby ldarby at tuffmail.com
Sat Jun 18 05:55:59 JST 2011

Cristian Secară wrote:

> I have more than one email accounts, from which one is dedicated to
> mailing lists and ona for personal messages.
>
> Because my personal email is in Romanian, I need the "On %d, %N wrote:"
> to be in Romanian.
> Because most mailing lists are international, the "On %d, %N wrote:"
> needs to be in English.
>
> How can I have different text for each account ?

I've asked for this before too, because outside of work, I use
indented, inlined reply format, and at work everyone top-posts, with no
indentation.  If someone attempts to use indented, inlined replies, they
usually stuff it up and indent their own reply, instead of the text
they're replying to, or even worse, non-indented, inlined replies,
which is just a horrific waste of time trying to read.

So, it's really futile trying to get people to inline-reply, and if
everyone just sticks to top-posting, at least it's consistent.  But if
I reply, being the only one indenting, it does create a mess over long
email threads, and having per-account settings would allow me to
prevent that mess being created.

I have come to realise that the corporate reply format isn't that bad
anyway. Just today I received an email with a thread dating back from
last year, and the historical information in that was useful.  It's like
having a temporary, private email list archive, which is great until
you send it to the wrong people...

Laurence