[sylpheed:34688] Re: systray

Walter Hurry walterhurry at lavabit.com
Thu Jul 28 01:19:10 JST 2011

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:19:21 -0600, Gene Goldenfeld wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:31:05 +0200
> Cr0k <crok.r245 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Apparently not of its own accord. I use devilspie to achieve the
>> > effect.
>>
>> Ok… That could be a good idea of improvement, no?
>
> Isn't what you are asking for is to have two options, one for Sylpheed
> to open at computer startup and the other for it to minimize to the Sys
> Tray then?

No, I don't think he is. There is already a "minimize to tray" option,
and starting up at login (not computer start up) is a no-brainer.

What OP is looking for is a "start minimized" option, which does not
exist in Sylpheed, and which I agree would be a welcome enhancement.
That's why I'm using devilspie to (in effect) achieve that.