[sylpheed:34656] Re: sylpheed & xdg-utils

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 09:11:18 JST 2011

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 08:43:00 +0200
Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt at critical.ch> wrote:

> nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be preferable for sylpheed to match the general
> > convention used by most other email clients and accept: sylpheed
> > [address]. The command "sylhpeed --compose" gives me some problem of
> > interoperability.
<snip>

> I solved this with a simple wrapper:
>
> --- ~/bin/mailto.sh begins here ---
> #!/bin/sh
> sylpheed --compose "$1"
> --- ~/bin/mailto.sh ends here ---

Salut Emanuel, I use the same script (w/FF) but I have to tell the application to use sylpheed, else the command is not honored. I might have to contact Shotwell and Shutter (it's a print-screen application) lists. It looks like both applications send to "Nautilus" only.

By chance, anyone using either Shotwell or Shutter w/Sylpheed?

PS: Emanuel's message did not have List-id header, when I ctrl+l, it replied directly to his personal address. I had to reply to all. Some explanations are welcome.