[sylpheed:34412] Bug in filters? (From: field)

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Sat Jan 29 03:08:41 JST 2011

Hello all.

Long ago I added a small filter, which detects the From: field to be
equal to my mail address, and does nothing but paint the message line
green. This make is easier to find my own messages.

Strangely enough, sometimes this simple filter fails, and paints
another message green too. This error is somewhere else in Sylpheed,
as the Source address is exchanged for '-->' and the destination (as
configured).

I checked the message source code, but couldn't find any motive for
this behaviour - I checked for 'From:'-fields, and checked for places
where my address appears. The address only appears in  'Delivered-To',
and in 'Received:'.

These errors appear quite infrequently.

John