[sylpheed:34705] Re: Quick search style patch, gtkrc and ml

speps speps at gmx.com
Tue Aug 9 01:32:07 JST 2011

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 13:28:27 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi, again :)

> > Actually I want to have a new BTS, but I cannot determine what system
> > is the best yet.

That's a great news, and I bet switching to a BTS would improve
significantly sylpheed development.

Choosing the best one, is pretty hard, since many BTS are stable enough
and comparable.
A good one would fit better to your needs ;)

I also prefer Trac, as it is simple and powerful enough.

Bugzilla, Mantis, Fossil, Flyspray, etc are also good choices, just try them.

> > When I started the development of Sylpheed, I intentionally provided
> > only one mailing list, because I didn't want to divide users and
> > developers into two groups.

I see, this could cause a user splitting, so some devels could ignore
the end users list.
That's why a BTS is often a better choice.

> > But maybe it is better to have several purpose-based MLs at this time.

Surely, but that's only really needed without a BTS.

> > I've applied your patch to svn trunk. Thanks!

Thanks to you for applying that so quickly ;)

> I have tried the following command line, and it seems to be working.
>
> $ GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Crux/gtk-2.0/gtkrc src/sylpheed

You're right, it works when pointing to the specific gtkrc theme file.

Nevertheless, it doesn't when pointing to a .gtkrc-2.0 like configuration file,
that contains common directives like

  gtk-theme-name="Crux"

The only case it works like this is by referring to the theme
with a direct inclusion

  include "GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Crux/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

but that's not the way.

Looking again into the code I notice you forcedly set the gtkrc to its default.
That's quite useless since it is managed by gtk itself, and cause this
weird behaviour I reported.

The patch attached solves the issue, removing that code.

Cheers

- speps -