[sylpheed:34517] 3.1/Win32 and curl.exe

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Wed Apr 6 01:13:46 JST 2011

Hiro,
  Last night, Secunia PSI showed curl.exe, a file used by Sylpheed and
another program I have, as "insecure."  Sylpheed's version is 7.19.4.0
and the new one is 7.21.4.0.  I downloaded and copied it over. Today,
Sylpheed opened alright, but several seconds later there was an error
box, "curl.exe - unable to locate component. libssl32.dll not found.
Reinstall the application.."  Repeated it just to be sure. The odd thing
is that libssl32.dll is not in the Sylpheed 3.1.0/Win32 package, as far
as I can tell, and bringing it in just creates another curl.exe error
message: "HMAC_clean up could not be located in the dynamic library
libeay32.dll." I've gone back to 7.19.4.0 for now (with the
libssl32.dll I downloaded still there). Ironically, a PSI scan
afterward didn't find curl.exe 7.19.4 insecure, tho I wonder if it's
just a matter of time before it does.

Gene Goldenfeld
3.1.0/Win 32