[sylpheed:34513] Re: Bug: Cannot create NNTP (news) account on Sylpheed 3.1-win32

Andreas Ronnquist gusnan at gusnan.se
Sat Apr 2 00:44:24 JST 2011

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 18:26:26 +0300
pnixte at gmail.com wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I think there is absolutely no way that I can create a news account in
> the latest version of Sylpheed. The only available options are POP,
> IMAP and Gmail and they are all for mail accounts.
>
> Is it indeed a bug or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Regards.

In the menus of Sylpheeds, select "Configuration -> Edit Accounts"

Pressing the "Add" button in this dialog gets you a dialog with a whole
lot more options. There you can select News (nntp) under "Protocol".

I am still on 3.0.2, but if I remember correctly this is how it is done
in the newer versions.

best regards
--
Andreas Rönnquist <gusnan at gusnan.se>