[sylpheed:34228] Re: Abort button doesn't work

Don Koch aardvark at krl.com
Fri Sep 17 10:06:06 JST 2010

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:19:16 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:41:03 -0400
> Don Koch <aardvark at krl.com> wrote:
>
> > I've noticed that the Abort button for commands doesn't work, the
> > command does not abort.  Worse, it hangs sylpheed (95% CPU) and I
> > have to kill the program and restart it.
> >
> > Example:
> > 1. Create an action (e.g., Report spam)
> > 2. Run it on some piece of mail.
> > 3. Click the Abort button.
> >
> > It seems this bug has been around since 2.x days.  Has anyone also
> > seen it fail?  Has anyone seen it work?
> >
> > Currently running sylpheed 3.0.2 on Fedora 12 (linux).
>
> Some bugs about the action feature were fixed in 3.0.3. Please try it.

It would figure that it would be broken all this time and then fixed in
the version one newer than the one I'm running.

Not sure if it actually aborted the command or not (I'll have to come up
with a slow command that I can detect progress in), but it didn't hang
sylpheed which was the more annoying problem.

> --
> Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>

Thanks,
-d