[sylpheed:34321] Re: windows version question

Bruce Bowler bbowler at bigelow.org
Wed Nov 24 06:17:22 JST 2010

Time to drag out the old "dead horse" whip and see if there's any
update on (or hope of) getting spell checking in the windows version of
sylpheed.  The lack of spell checking is one of only 3 complaints I
have with sylpheed (at least one of the others is, I suspect, a local
configuration problem of some sort [see my questions about printing]
and the other has improved a lot lately [the address book interface])

As a pointer to another (initially linux) application that now
supports windows with spellchecking enabled on all platforms, I'd urge
Hiro to look at the "pan" newsreader (pan.rebelbase.com or if you
prefer nntp, gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.{devel|user}).  I believe that
the windows port uses aspell, but I'm not sure which version/interface.

Thanks!
Bruce