[sylpheed:34305] Re: Changed behaviour (3.1b3) for message marking

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Fri Nov 5 09:37:24 JST 2010

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 02:02:29 +0200
v_2e at ukr.net wrote:

>   When this feature is turned on (the appropriate checkbox is checked),
> Sylpheed will ALWAYS show the first message in a folder when you click
> on the folder's name in the 'Folder View' - regardless of whether there
> is any unread messages in that folder or not.

Ok, but it still shows the first _unread_ message, if there is one.
There seems very little difference. In fact, the only difference I find
is that it doesn't mark the message as read.

> When the feature to "Always open messages in summary when selected" is activated,
> Sylpheed opens the UNREAD messages first when you click on the folder
> name in the 'Folder View' area.  And in this case it really does not
> mark the first message shown as read. Now I understand what you were
> talking about.

As I said before - the only difference I can find the the marking as
read. Both off and on, the option shows the same message selected in
summary.

> Still, it is not so terrible to worry about, I believe. :)

Yes... I was a little surprised that the option _changed_ after
upgrading, and just thought it might be of interest to someone.

Thanks, Vladimir!