[sylpheed:34289] 3 problems about Sylpheed

v_2e at ukr.net v_2e at ukr.net
Wed Nov 3 18:05:26 JST 2010

Hello!
I have a few technical questions about Sylpheed.
1. Why does Sylpheed store incorrect passwords in its memory? For
example, when I try to connect to my POP3 or IMAP mail server and
accidentally type a wrong password, I need to restart Sylpheed to have
an ability to re-type the password. This is a strange behaviour, since
I can see no reason to store incorrect passwords. Or maybe there is a
way to workaround which I just don't know about?

2. When I try to create a new account, I get an incorrectly displayed
dialog window with some elements hidden behind the window edge (see the
screenshot attached or via this link:
http://i11.fastpic.ru/big/2010/1103/e3/282d662f04dd87cdc9f61cd1cf715ee3.png ).
I use Xfce with its native window manager (XfWM, I guess) - so maybe it
is a window manager's fault?

3. Maybe, I have misunderstood, but it seems to me that there had been
a decision to make Sylpheed auto-complete the destination e-mail
address without 'TAB' key pressing. Or am I wrong? If I'm not, then
this feature doesn't work in my case for some reason.
The problem is that when I type a few letters of the address (or name)
and press "TAB" and there is no such address in my address-book (and
this may be just because of a typo), the cursor jumps to the next field
making me distracting from the keyboard, taking mouse and getting it
back in the address field. This is very annoying I must confess.

Thank you.
Vladimir

-----
 <v_2e at ukr.net>