[sylpheed:34282] Re: Cannot save to outbox

Simon Effenberg savar at schuldeigen.de
Mon Nov 1 05:59:18 JST 2010

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 14:52:01 +0200
Frank Elsner <Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE> wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 14:33:17 +0200 Thomas Faber wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have Sylpheed set to automatically check for new mail every
> > 10 minutes. If I happen to send an e-mail at the point when
> > it's checking for mail (which takes a while; ancient ugly, slow
> > IMAPS server), my message gets sent, but as the IMAP connection
> > is busy, I receive an error telling me the message could not be
> > saved to the outbox. The message window is then closed.
> > Thus, I have sent the message, but have no record of it
> > whatsoever.
> >
> > That is.... unacceptable to say the least.
>
> I second this. "unacceptable" is hard. I'd say extremely disturbing.
>
> > Has anyone else experienced this? Or do I have a completely messed
> > up setting somewhere? Should be a relatively simple fix in any case.
>
> Yes, I have.

It was reported by me at beginning of this year:
http://www.sraoss.jp/pipermail/sylpheed/2010-January/003537.html
so yes you're not the only one and i have had the problem with 3.0.2
and now am using 3.1.0beta3 and it is the same behavior. My system is
Debian unstable.

--
GnuPG: 5755FB64

Per aspera ad astra.