[sylpheed:33932] Re: can not send email enywhere

Ricardo Mones mones at debian.org
Fri May 7 00:53:07 JST 2010

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 08:32:41AM -0700, Abolfazl Rostamzadeh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed Sylpheed 3.0.2 (win xp)
> while I can send email using two other email client applications, Sylpheed continusly shows
>
> Error occurred while sending the message:
> 550 See http://spf.pobox.com/why.html?sender=...
>
> how "pobox.com" control my sending emails?
>
> I use port 587 for sending.
> receiving is good
>
> where is the problem?

  Looks like the joys of the SPF [0], AKA your domain provider only wants you
  to use their SMTP server(s) if you use their domain address otherwise
  you're a spammer!
  Visiting the URL in the error will probably tell you the reason ;)

  regards,

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework
--
  Ricardo Mones