[sylpheed:33773] Re: Position of System Tray icon in Windows 7

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Wed Mar 17 06:09:54 JST 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:51:38 -0400
Bryan Kirk <Zero3K at burntmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:23:58 -0500
> Bryan Kirk <Zero3K at burntmail.com> wrote:
>
> > the position of Sylpheed's System Tray icon in Windows 7 isn't
> > being remembered (it keeps on resetting when I open a new instance
> > of it after closing the previous one).
> >

> Can anyone confirm besides me?

I can't speak to Win7, but this remains a known unfixed bug in XP. And
it's not consistent: it happened to me twice yesterday with Sylpheed
and for the first time ever with Mailwasher Pro, after happening only
once before in the past several weeks. I don't know if there's anything
special about Sylpheed that makes it more prone than any other program
to the problem, but Windows users don't see it more often because most
apps in the Sys tray (notification area) are resident.

Gene