[sylpheed:33768] Stupid GnuPG Problem on Windows 7

Christoph Kobe christoph at kobenetz.de
Sat Mar 13 03:12:17 JST 2010

Hi all,

I've tried to get GnuPG running on Windows 7 with Sylpheed 3.0. No Success.

I've tried out like 10 different clues, read old posts on the mailing list but
nothing helped. I installed gpg4win 2.0rc2 and tried:

1. Adding the install directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\pub" to the
path. This helped for Windows XP.

2. Putting gpg.exe into the sylpheed directory

3. Putting all kinds of entries into the Registry:
HKLM\Software\GNU\GnuPG\Install Directory =
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\pub
HKLM\Software\GNU\GnuPG\Install Directory =
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG
HKLM\Software\GNU\GnuPG\gpgProgram =
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\pub
HKLM\Software\GNU\GnuPG\gpgProgram =
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\pub\gpg.exe
HKCU\Software\GNU\GnuPG\gpgProgram =
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\pub
HKCU\Software\GNU\GnuPG\gpgProgram =
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\pub\gpg.exe

4. Copying gpg.exe to
%ProgramFiles%\GNU\GnuPG\gpg.exe
which is C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG instead of the deafult install directory C:
\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG

Nothing helped. This has been an annoying problem for years now, but till now I
could fix it somehow. Now I can't.

Could someone please supply exact information what file is beeing looked after
and where to place it?

Thanks,

Christoph