[sylpheed:33740] Re: Sylph-Searcher install question

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Mon Mar 1 15:19:46 JST 2010

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:01:19 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:03:24 -0700
> Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at peoplepc.com> wrote:
>
> > 1.2.0 Win32 (XP).  I used the installer, read the instructions and
> > ran Start Database. It opens the DOS window and a few lines down
> > gives the message, "Unexpected EOF on client connection," after
> > which it seems to hang. Since EOF is presumably End of File, it
> > seems that something must be wrong.  Any ideas?  Thanks,
>
> It means the database client (Sylph-Searcher) closed the connection.
> It is expected (at least for Sylph-Searcher).
>
> You can keep the console window open (or minimize it) until you
> shutdown the database (press Ctrl-C, or select 'Stop Database').

What console window?  When I start sylph-searcher.exe, whether before or
after starting the database, I always get the following error:

sylph-searcher.exe - Application error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xe06d7363). Click on OK
to terminate the application.

What should I do to get things going.  Thanks.

Gene