[sylpheed:34016] Re: New automatic address completion (Re: Re: Sylpheed Digest, Vol 45, Issue 22)

Ricardo Mones mones at debian.org
Fri Jun 4 23:50:14 JST 2010

  Hi Hiroyuki,

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 06:03:48PM +0900, Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:59:57 +0900
> Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:
[...]
> I have finally implemented 'true' automatic address completion in the
> svn trunk :) Still experimental, but works. (Should be the previous
> behavior configurable?)

  Yes, in case you implement this, please provide a way to disable it
  and go back to current behaviour.

  Some people (including me) find annoying that the software does
  things they have not requested it to do (I guess because it mainly
  breaks the POLA [0]).

  thanks in advance,

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_astonishment
--