[sylpheed:34008] Re: Fw: Re: Re: Two functions that does not work as expected

Raphael Frey freyraphael at lavabit.com
Wed Jun 2 21:12:14 JST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 18:37:35 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 09:18:47 +0200
> Raphael Frey <freyraphael at lavabit.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:07:50 +0200
> > Raphael Frey <freyraphael at lavabit.com> wrote:
> >

> > Do you think there is a solution to solve these issues (especially the
> > “freezing problem” i.e. that Sylpheed does not go to offline mode when
> > the Internet connection gets down)?
>
> I want to know how does a program get current network connection state
> (both Linux and Windows). If it's easy to implement, I want to solve
> the problem.

thanks for your reply. I will ask the developers of Evolution how they
managed resp. implemented this. But I could also imagine an alternative
solution for the freezing problem: Instead of freezing Sylpheed could
abort looking for new mails (and sending mails) if it does not get any
response from the mail server for, let’s say, ten seconds.

Best regards and thank you very much for your great lightweight mail
programme!

Raphael