[sylpheed:34151] Re: shift-tab in message body

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Fri Jul 23 16:10:30 JST 2010

Hello,

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:22:37 +0200
Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt at critical.ch> wrote:

> Celejar <celejar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 19:59:48 +0200
> > Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt at critical.ch> wrote:
> >
> > > Pressing shift-tab in the message body used to make the cursor
> > > jump back to the Subject field. I noticed in the current version
> > > (3.0.3 on FreeBSD 8.0) simply a tab is composed.
> >
> > AFAIR, as we've discussed on the list in the past, on linux with
> > GTK, shift-tab in the message body always exhibited that behavior,
> > and ctrl-shift-tab was required to get back into the headers
> > (shift-tab worked fine once in the headers to move backward between
> > them). Celejar
>
> Just wondering if this is wanted behaviour. If not I assume everyone
> just got used to it and/or nobody sent patches so far :-)
>
> For the later I gladly investigate further.

I have checked the source of GtkTextView, and it seems it is the default
behavior to require Ctrl to move focus from editable GtkTextView.
(see gtktextview.c::gtk_text_view_key_press_event())
Somehow GTK+ 2.10.14 on Win32 doesn't require Ctrl key.

Probably this behavior can be overridden by handling key-press-event.
Patch is welcome :)

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>