[sylpheed:33599] Re: Sylpheed 3.0beta7 released

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Sat Jan 30 01:12:39 JST 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:02:08 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Sylpheed 3.0beta7 has been released.

Beta7/Win32 is crashing here.  It's fine if if I click on any folder
but one: the folder named Sylpheed, which is highlighted and shows one
new email.  When that folder's clicked on, Comodo firewall prompts to
allow dwwin.exe (Dr. Watson) to execute sylpheed.exe.  If I click OK, it
crashes Sylpheed and gives the following information box:

Error Signature
App Name: sylpheed.exe   App Version 3.0.0.7  Mod Name: libgpgme-11.dll
Mod Version 17.6.6.1351  Offset 00016365

(I'm not sure how to save the full technical details.)

If I choose to block the dwwin.exe request, then the error box is as
follows:

Application error
0x006b6365 referenced memory at 0x00000014.  Memory could not be read.

I've gone back to beta6 for now.

Gene