[sylpheed:33587] Re: problem with Sylpheed and GnuPG on Windows 7

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Wed Jan 20 14:33:32 JST 2010

Hello,

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:06:05 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> > Can anybody tell me how Sylpheed finds out if GnuPG is installed and
> > working? Is there any way to specify the directory where gpg.exe is
> > placed for Sylpheed in order to fix this problem?
>
> Sylpheed (GPGME library) first checks for registry:
>
> HKCU\Software\GNU\GnuPG\gpgProgram
>
> If it doesn't exist, GPGME assumes the default location:
>
> %ProgramFiles%\GNU\GnuPG\gpg.exe

gnupg-w32cli-1.4.10b.exe doesn't seem to create gpgProgram entry
anymore, so it will fail if gnupg is installed at non-default location.

The recent GPGME 1.1.8 checks
'HKLM\Software\GNU\GnuPG\Install Directory' instead (and this entry
exists on both old and new gnupg), so I think upgrading GPGME will
solve this problem. I will fix it at the next release.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>