[sylpheed:33582] problem with Sylpheed and GnuPG on Windows 7

Hans Heider heiderhans at gmx.net
Wed Jan 20 06:18:24 JST 2010

Hello,

I am running Sylpheed version 2.7.1 (I also tried out the following with beta 6 of version 3) on Windows 7 with all updates installed. My problem is that I cannot use GnuPG from within Sylpheed although GnuPG is properly installed. When I start Sylpheed an error message is display which tells me that GnuPG is missing or incorrectly installed. I tried out GnuPG 1.4.10b (from www.gnupg.org) and also GnuPG 2.0.12 (from www.gpg4win.org).

I added the directory where gpg.exe is placed to the systems PATH-variable. GPGshell and Psi are able to use GnuPG without any problems, therefore I assume the problem to be located within Sylpheed or its configuration.

I can also access gpg.exe from the command line without any problem:
C:\Users\hans>gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.12 (Gpg4win 2.0.1)
libgcrypt 1.4.4

Home: C:/Users/hans/AppData/Roaming/gnupg
Unterst³tzte Verfahren:
Íff. Schl³ssel: RSA, ELG, DSA
Verschl³.: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH, CAMELLIA128,
           CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Komprimierung: nicht komprimiert, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

Can anybody tell me how Sylpheed finds out if GnuPG is installed and working? Is there any way to specify the directory where gpg.exe is placed for Sylpheed in order to fix this problem?

Thanks for your help, I really like to work with Sylpheed.

Kind regards,

Hans