[sylpheed:33563] SSL Certificates - always accept not working - crash on sending

Christoph Kobe christoph at kobenetz.de
Tue Jan 19 02:49:03 JST 2010

Hi,

I've just upgraded to version 3.0.0beta6 on Windows XP. I used 2.6 before. Now
when I startup Sylpheed and check my mail (Via SSL for POP3), Sylpheed pops up
a window, asking me if I want to accept the SSL-certificate, because it's
self-signed. Even if I choose "always accept" after every restart of the
program Sylpheed asks me the same question again and again. Actually I get the
same result when I choose the "temporarily accept" option, for which this
probably is the intended behaviour.

It seems like the certificate is not "always accepted".

When I tried to send this mail, I got an empty window with a title (in german)
similar to "Verification of SSL-certifiacte failed." and Sylpheed crashed. So I
was unable to use 3.0.0beta6 at all, I had to re-install 2.6.

Please help,

Chris