[sylpheed:33532] Re: Starting Sylpheed as a tray icon

Michael Ross michael.ross at gmx.net
Fri Jan 15 04:57:43 JST 2010

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:49:22 -0500
Bryan Kirk <Zero3K at burntmail.com> wrote:

> > You set "Start minimized" in your (start-menu-/desktop-)shortcut
> > options and select "minimize to tray" in Sylpheed's options, I'd guess.
> >
> I already tried doing that. It doesn't work as expected (the window is maximized when opened instead of being minimized to the system tray).

Ok, I checked and it doesn't work here either.
Seems to be a sylpheed thing, as other gtk apps honour the shortcut
setting.

For the time being, if you feel like installing more software and don't
mind the maximized window popping up for a second I can recommend AutoIt

	http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

which enables you to compile a script like

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode",2)
Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Sylpheed\sylpheed.exe","C:\Program Files
(x86)\Sylpheed")
Sleep(1500)
WinSetState("Sylpheed","", at SW_MINIMIZE)

to a small exe, and use this to start sylpheed.
(Tested, works.)