[sylpheed:33511] Re: I have two questions regarding Sylpheed

heymanj at acm.org heymanj at acm.org
Thu Jan 14 10:22:25 JST 2010

On 13 January 2010 at 19:17, Bryan Kirk <Zero3K at burntmail.com>wrote:

> *subject*
>
> 1. How do I disable the alternating colors in the list of messages in a folder?

Not sure what you mean here.  On my Mandriva 2009.1 system, I see bold for
those not read, normal for those read.  The only time I see colors is if
there was new email incorporated into the mailbox that I hadn't read, and
then more email arrives.  And the colors are blue (new) and red (older)

> 2. Is there any notification plugin for it (that displays a system tray
> icon/uses Sylpheed's own and notifies the user of any new messages)? If so,
> where do I get it from.

No need for a plugin.  If I understand what you want, you want the Sylpheed
Icon to indicate when you have new email.  This can be done via the

Configurate -> Common Preferences -> Receive tab

There is a checkbox for "Auto-check new mail", once selected, you can specify
how often (in minutes) it should poll the mailbox.

Make sure to then go to the Details tab and look through the Interface subtab.

You can check off 'Display tray icon', 'Minimize to tray icon' and play
with others to see if they meet your needs.

> Thanks in advance.

jerry
       //  Jerry Heyman             | "Congress does not draw to it's halls
      //   Amiga Forever :-)        | those who lover liberty, it draws those
  \\ //    heymanj at acm dot org   | who lover power."  Judge Andrew Napolitano
   \X/     http://www.hobbeshollow.com