[sylpheed:33655] Re: can't save message to outbox

Simon Effenberg savar at schuldeigen.de
Fri Feb 12 23:32:52 JST 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:58:33 +0100
richard lucassen <mailinglists at lucassen.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 11:56:42 +0100
> Manfred Usselmann <usselmann.m at icg-online.de> wrote:
> > I find it useful that I can write emails while Sylpheed is checking
> > for new mails (Which takes quite some time here since I have several
> > remote IMAP accounts with a lot of folders).
>
> Therefore I said "add an option" to add this feature if you want it. And
> I didn't mean to block the writing of mails, but to block checking
> because if you press "send" while Sylpheed is checking your large IMAP
> folder structure, it will pop-up with a "can't save message to outbox",
> which is rather annoying IMHO ;-)
>
> But maybe there is a better way to handle this annoyance than to block
> "check for new mail"...

Wouldn't it be nice to make sylpheed using a local (so not blocked)
queue folder automatically if it can't send the message directly? Then
it should check for pending mails after the retrieving was finished and
sends all queued mails out (and doing the moving to the sent folder
which is the real problem because smtp isn't blocked).

/s

--
GnuPG: 5755FB64

Per aspera ad astra.