[sylpheed:33627] Re: can't save message to outbox

Tue Feb 9 18:21:46 JST 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:18:30 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> > Just an additional question Hiroyuki: I have used this very IMAP
> > server and complex folder structure for a number of years now using
> > Sylpheed 1.06 and these problems never occured when using the old
> > Sylpheed-1 version.
> >
> > I understand that this is a rather complex matter, but do you have
> > an explanation why this occurs using Sylpheed-3? I skipped
> > Sylpheed-2 (Sylpheed-1 worked too well ;-) so I'm not able to tell
> > you how Sylpheed-2 behaved in this situation.
>
> Because Sylpheed 3.0 is multi-threaded. Sylpheed 1.x/2.x was
> single-threaded, and IMAP communication blocked the user interface.
> You can do nothing while IMAP folders are checked, so it was never a
> problem.

Ok, thanks for your reply, Hiroyuki! Just a wishlist thing: wouldn't it
be nice then to block "auto check new mail" when a compose window is
opened, or, at least, have the option to block it, in order to avoid
things like "can't save message to outbox"?

And now that I'm busy writing a wishlist, wouldn't it be nice to
have an option to reset the "check for new mail" timer after a manual
"get" or "get all"?

E.g.: when the "auto check new mail" timer is set to 5 minutes:

10:00 auto get new nessages
10:05 auto get new nessages
10:07 manual get new nessages
10:12 auto get new nessages (instead of 10:10)
10:17 auto get new nessages

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.