[sylpheed:34207] Re: [DNSBL Issue] Re: proxy configuration?

Stefaan A Eeckels Stefaan.Eeckels at ecc.lu
Thu Aug 26 04:39:20 JST 2010

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:33:42 -0700
Randy Dunlap <rdunlap at xenotime.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:55:20 +0200 luca parravano wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am behind a proxy in office so I wanted to know if there is a
> > way to use sylpheed , there is a way ?
>

> In the Common Preferences menu, Detail tab + Update, you can set
> proxy info.  I've never used it, so I can't tell you more than that.

That's only to support the auto-update process.

As far as I know, there are no proxies for POP3 and IMAP4. If the OP's
network blocks these protocols, it logically should have an MTA
accessible on the inside, offering SMTP (to send messages) and either
POP3 or IMAP4 (to receive messages) access.

--
Stefaan A Eeckels