[sylpheed:34200] Re: Sylpheed 3.1beta3 released

Onur Küçük onur at delipenguen.net
Sat Aug 21 01:30:13 JST 2010

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:07:00 -0400
Bill Pratt <pratt at rogers.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please consider returning the old functionality of automatically
> unbolding highlighted messages. Or at least provide a user option. It
> is so inefficient to have to click each message individually to mark
> it read. When browsing, for example, the Junk folder, and clicking
> the delete button after a cursory glance at each message, it's
> tedious to then have to mark as read the messages in the Trash
> folder.

 I second that. I browse messages with cursor keys (using mouse or n/p
keys is not efficient) and with 3.1beta3 I have to press enter everytime
I am on a message to mark it as read.

 I would really like the behaviour to be

 - on entering a new folder, cursor / focus goes to the first unread
message but it is not unbold, and it is unbold when I press enter etc.

 - while browsing within a folder, any message I select (with mouse,
n/p, cursor keys etc.) is displayed straight in message view and unbold.

 Please consider to make the behaviour above at least user selectable,
it is really efficient that way.

--
 Onur Küçük                                      Knowledge speaks,
 <onur.--.-.delipenguen.net>                     but wisdom listens