[sylpheed:34193] Re: Sylpheed 3.1beta3 released

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 19 00:00:05 JST 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:49:06 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sylpheed 3.1beta3 has been released.
>
>           o 'Always show messages in summary when selected' was
>             improved, and it is enabled by default.
>                 + Automatically selected messages will not be marked
> as read anymore.

Thanks for the update and good program, Hiro.

To me, this change to auto marking doesn't deal with the main issue,
i.e., it merely makes a not very good approach less cumbersome. The
underlying problem I experience is that Inbox focus goes to the
(or selected) message. Since mine are sorted chronologically top to
bottom, that means I frequently have to scroll down to the bottom.
This new change merely saves me the trouble of having to re-bold the
older message.  If this approach were changed, then whether or not to
keep messages bolded would do well as a user option.

Gene