[sylpheed:33906] settings for line wrapping don't work as expected

melodramus at online.de melodramus at online.de
Sat Apr 24 09:02:24 JST 2010

hello

i de-selected 'wrap on input' because the behaviour is really messy,
especially if one tries to re-order things or to keep lower lines on,
say, exactly these lower lines. the composer likes to suck (append) a
lower line to the next higher line when editing that higher line.
there is more weird behaviour that frustrates me for years now. however,
to not get into trouble with the receivers, i kept 'wrap messages on
|72| characters' selected - in the silly belief that i could compose
freely and sylpheed would wrap the lines at time of sending. however,
reading my own messages in the sylpheed mailinglist archive, the
messages aren't wrapped properly. seems that the both options don't
work together. but they don't tell, and i don't see the reason for that.

MeloDramus <melodramus at online.de>