[sylpheed:33885] Re: Dumb question - NNTP account?

Ricardo Mones mones at debian.org
Tue Apr 20 09:32:17 JST 2010

El Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:18:59 -0400
Frank McCormick <beacon at videotron.ca> escribió:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:25:39 -0700
> Evan Platt <evan at espphotography.com> wrote:
>
> > Just compiled and installed Sylpheed on FC12... 3.0.2. All the
> > documentation states there should be a NNTP configuration
> > available. However when I go to Configuration / Create New Account,
> > I have POP3 and IMAP4 available. No NNTP choices.
> >
> > Am I missing something totally obvious? Somewhere else I need to
> > enable NNTP?
>

>   I am not an expert...but I suspect it may be something you have to
> enable when you run "configure" before compiling ??? It may be an
> option normally turned off. I don't have the source here to look.

  No, NNTP is enabled by default, in fact you cannot even disable it
  with a configure option.

  To the OP: the NNTP option has been removed from the "Create new
  account" option, probably because this option is used as a kind of
  wizard on first run setup and is not useful to setup a news account
  as a primary one for sending mail. You have to go "Configuration/Edit
  accounts...", "Add" button to be able to select NNTP as the protocol.
--
 Ricardo Mones
 ~