[sylpheed:33861] Re: windows version question

melodramus at online.de melodramus at online.de
Thu Apr 8 16:15:43 JST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 03:24,  <melodramus at online.de> wrote:
> hello
>
> i'm asking this because there's no info on the website. enchant and gtk+ work on windows. does gtkspell work on windows too?

Yes it does work on Windows; Pidgin uses it.

Currently released versions of Pidgin use GtkSpell 2.0.11, which uses
aspell directly instead of enchant.  There is a binary available for
download here:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/BuildingWinPidgin/Pre2.7.0#GtkSpellAspell

The next minor version of Pidgin will use GtkSpell 2.0.16 and enchant.
 There is a binary available for download here:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/BuildingWinPidgin#GtkSpell

Feel free to ask any specific implementation questions.

-D

MeloDramus <melodramus at online.de>