[sylpheed:33222] Escaping passwords while imap login

Aliaksandr Stelmachonak mail.avatar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 18:12:07 JST 2009

Hi, sylpheed users!

Using this great e-mail client I found an issue, related to using imap
access to mail server. Looks like special symbols in password (like \ and "
) are not escaped during sending password while authenticating. I have such
password for my gmail account and had issue with accessing it from sylpheed
using imap.

So, I found the reason and fix the issue for myself, but want to share this
issue with community. I haven't found any links to project bug tracking
links on main page (English - unfortunately, I don't know Japanese), that's
why I am writing this letter now. Can you please let me know a way to submit
bugs for sylpheed and help with its development/testing.

Also, I am attaching my patch - may be you will found it useful.

Thanks and Regards,
Aliaksandr Stelmachonak