[sylpheed:33215] Re: can send email only after pop download

Giulio Bottazzi giulio.bottazzi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 22:32:09 JST 2009

Hi Alexander,
thank you for your prompt reply. I selected "PLAIN" as Authentication
method in the "Send" tab and was able to send  emails again. I have
the impression that in this way my username and password travel in
clear across the net. Am I right? Is this safer than relying on "POP
before SMTP"? In any case, you pointed me in the right direction.
Thanks again,
Giulio.

--
Giulio Bottazzi <giulio.bottazzi at gmail.com>