[sylpheed:33199] Re: IMAP4 problems.

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Wed Sep 16 19:28:59 JST 2009

Hi Steve,

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:27:03 -0400
Steve VanSlyck <s.vanslyck at spamcop.net> wrote:

> Since there haven't been any replies I guess I'm going to have to fund
> some other email program.

Sylpheed is an excellent IMAP client.

> s.vanslyck at spamcop.net wrote:
>
> > Can anyone help me with this? The message source IS there when I
> > view via webmail, but is not downloaded with Sylpheed,

IMAP messages are never downloaded by the email client, but permanently
stored on the server. You can copy them to different folders etc. and
view your mails from different locations with different email clients!
In contrast to POP3 where you download the mails to your local system.
Sylpheed supports IMAP4 and POP3. Often mail servers can be accessed
via the IMAP and the POP protocoll depending on your preferences. If
you want to download your emails, use POP.

> > and I don't know how to force a second download.

Could it be that the connection to the IMAP server is no longer
available when you try to view the message?

What does the log window show? In the log window, you can see what
Sylpheed is doing.

Regards,
Manfred

> > --