[sylpheed:33254] Re: Sylpheed 3.0beta1 released

Reed Loden reed at reedloden.com
Sat Oct 31 00:43:52 JST 2009

[excuse the out-of-thread post; I just joined the list, and I saw this
mail in the archives, so figured I'd reply to it since I figured it out]

I, too, encountered the "sylpheed: symbol lookup error: sylpheed:
undefined symbol: set_event_loop_func" problem when I first compiled
3.0.0beta1. I thought it was ldconfig related (as I had experienced
with past versions), but this actually turned out to be a different
issue (though it is library related). It seems that libtool is not
completely replacing the libsylph library from older versions for some
reason, so one ends up with multiple libsylph libraries
under /usr/local/lib. The quick fix for this is to `rm
-f /usr/local/lib/libsylph*` before running `make install`. Afterwards,
do `ldconfig` as usual and then try starting Sylpheed. It should work.

~reed

--
Reed Loden - <reed at reedloden.com>