[sylpheed:33243] Sylpheed 3.0beta1 released
hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Thu Oct 29 16:26:44 JST 2009
Sylpheed 3.0beta1 has been released.
Changes from 2.7.1:
* Multi-threading was introduced. This will reduce the situation
where user actions are blocked.
(can be disabled by --disable-threads configure option)
* Win32: network connection runs on another thread now to prevent
blocking of the user interface.
* Execution of external commands (such as bsfilter) on filtering
will not block the user interface anymore.
* The major part of IMAP protocol communication runs on another
thread to prevent blocking of the user interface.
* The query search is executed on another thread.
* LibSylph is (almost) thread-safe now.
* Summary caches are updated on the fly (on
receive/move/copy/delete). This improves the performance of
opening folders with many new messages.
* Progress is displayed while scanning folders.
* The user interface of address book was rewritten using the new
API (GtkTreeView). This will reduce the glitches in the older
* Included Sylpheed FAQ (English) was updated.
* Some bugfixes are made.
# A freeze bug that occurs when the dialog open by update check was
# found. Please do not do update check until it will be fixed at the
# next version.
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.sraoss.jp/pipermail/sylpheed/attachments/20091029/ff36d2b9/attachment.bin
More information about the Sylpheed