[sylpheed:33233] Re: Sylpheed Compile Problem

Aric Gregson aorchid at mac.com
Sat Oct 10 04:57:26 JST 2009

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 20:54:16 +0200
Georg Klein <georg.klein at gmx.info> wrote:

[snip]
> Probably you are using the SUNWgnu-libiconv package, so that you would
> have to include '/usr/gnu/lib/' in your Library path by setting the
> proper LDFLAGS in your environment:
>
> # export LIBS="/usr/lib/libenchant.so"
> # export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/gnu/lib/"
>
> However, I would try to use SUNWiconv-unicode instead.

Thanks for your help, as you can see from the header, I was able to get
Sylpheed compiled. It is odd, I see no libiconv being linked to any of
the new Sylpheed libs so I do not know which libiconv eventually ended
up linking.

There is something odd with Sun Studio 12.1 and attempting to direct
libraries for linking. I have had trouble with other programs as well.
It did not work in this case. Despite directing the LDPATH, sylpheed
continued to find the 64-bit headers in /opt/local and fail.
Uninstalling them, and ensuring that GNU-iconv was installed (it wasn't
previously) finally worked.

I'm using SXCE and all these different packages are a mess. The
provided GNU-iconv is not 64bit, so I had to compile my own version
for other programs making linking a pain in the butt. Hopefully by the
time they kill SXCE, OpenSolaris will be matured.

Thanks for you help.

--
Aric Gregson