[sylpheed:33229] Re: Sylpheed Compile Problem

Aric Gregson aorchid at mac.com
Sun Oct 4 09:09:28 JST 2009

Georg Klein wrote:
[snip]

> your mail made me look for the problem again - and I got it fixed (at
> least on b101b and on b123, where I could test it.
>
> I used the environment variable LIBS and let it point
> to /usr/lib/libenchant,so:
>
> # export LIBS="/usr/lib/libenchant.so"
> # ./configure
>
> and now I have sylpheed on opensolaris with spell checking enabled.

That's was a good pointer. I'm not certain why it fails without that.
However, now I am stuck on iconv. I get the same error with iconv. Which
iconv are you using or did you somehow tell it to ignore it?

ld: warning: file ../libsylph/.libs/libsylph-0.so: linked to
/export/pei/src/sylpheed-2.7.1/libsylph/.libs/libsylph-0.so: attempted
multiple inclusion of file
libiconv_close
/export/pei/src/sylpheed-2.7.1/libsylph/.libs/libsylph-0.so
libiconv_open
/export/pei/src/sylpheed-2.7.1/libsylph/.libs/libsylph-0.so
libiconv
/export/pei/src/sylpheed-2.7.1/libsylph/.libs/libsylph-0.so
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/sylpheed
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sylpheed'

thanks, aric