[sylpheed:33360] Desperate - Moving to new distro

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Nov 29 06:43:26 JST 2009

I am stuck using a different computer because I have installed a
different distro (OpenSuse) on my main computer. I installed the new
distro on a brand new hard disk and I still have the old one. I copied
the /home/jjj/.sylpheed folder to the new installation. I also copied
the /Mail folder.

When I start Sylpheed it finds the Mail folder, but does not see
the .sylpheed folder. This is critical because the .sylpheed folder
contains my mail accounts. I have some complicated setups and I cannot
remember how I managed to get some of the mail accounts set up.

Previously I installed Debian Testing and Fedora 12. In each case I
just copied the two folders, installed Sylpheed, and when I opened it
the first time it was exactly as before with all my Mail and accounts.

I cannot send or receive mail until I figure out what went wrong.
Someone please help!